Even a pro cyclist could meet with a bicycle accident in an instant! It takes one misstep, and you end up with injuries. The aftermath of bicycle accidents with a truck or a car is often devastating. It may result in severe injuries and/or even death.
When you are a victim of a bicycle accident, recovery is the first thing in mind. You would like to lead a normal life, work, and look after yourself. But, what happens when you have serious injuries? What if the medical expenses are too high? This is the time when you might want to hire a bicycle accident lawyer.
Why Is It Important To Hire A Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
- Knowledge, Experience & Skill: They possess it all. When you hire an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer, you know that he has already been on this road. He is the most efficient person to represent you in this case. When you are involved in a bicycle accident without any fault, your life could turn topsy-turvy. A lawyer can help you to get compensation and financially reclaim yourself.
- Investigates The Cause: Identifying the cause of the accident is a crucial factor. It dictates your chances of getting a claim. Whether you deserve compensation or not, depends on this. When you hire a bicycle accident lawyer, they would investigate the accident. The facts and evidence would be brought forth to meet the ends of justice. This would include details of the traffic situation at the time of the accident, the intensity of the accident, statements of witnesses, police reports, medical records, etc.
Signs That You Need A Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- You Are Injured: If you are injured from the accident and there is enough evidence to prove it, you would have medical bills related to the treatment received. These treatments could be expensive, especially in the case of serious injuries. Likewise, serious injuries could also prevent you from going to work, which means you lose income. An attorney can help you realize your rights and explore different options to seek legitimate compensation.
- The Opponent Denies Fault: If the driver of the other vehicle that hit you denies his fault, you could end up in long and complex litigation. The driver may be trying to blame you in this matter, claiming that you were negligent. When a fault is in the contest, financial recovery becomes more complicated. Then, you need a bicycle accident lawyer.
- When You Have To Make Third Party Insurance Claim: After a bicycle accident, you would want to file your claim with the insurance of the driver to avoid any sort of liability. Bicycle accident claims can be complicated. However, insurance companies would try to avoid liability at all costs. To make sure you have the best chances of compensation and recovery, speak to your lawyer who could file a comprehensive and persuasive claim with all the documents necessary to make a strong case.
- You Received A Settlement Offer From The Insurance Company: If you’ve filed your insurance claim and you still received an offer for settlement, do not accept it without your lawyer’s advice. It’s very easy for insurance companies to underestimate your losses and give you a meager amount. If you accept, you cannot ask for more or file another legal claim against what you received.
If you are involved in a bicycle accident like this, hire a good lawyer for legit compensation.