If you are reading this, it is most likely because you suffered an accident which probably wasn’t your fault, and you might be suffering from damages depending on the type of accident you had. Accidents have been tormenting our existence day-in day-out with countless consequences not only on our property, but also on our well-being. You deserve good compensation for your damages and in some cases, sadly, that is something hard to achieve.. That is why we are here to help out- By telling you the importance of hiring an accident lawyer in Portland.
Oregon reported 446 fatal car crashes and 27,717 non-fatal crashes and a total of 41,073 injured. Another fact, according to the Portland Bureau of Transportation, in 2019, Portland saw the biggest amount of pedestrian and car passenger deaths (over 52) since 1997.
Car accidents are not the only injuries reported in Portland slip and falls are quite common as well. We all have seen someone fall in public or have fallen in public ourselves, and have seeing or experiencing injuries ourselves. We can get bruises, crack our heads, and sustain fractures.. According to the National Floor Security Institute (NFSI), falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits, representing the leading cause of visits (21.3%), while common slips account for over 1 million visits, or 12% of total falls. Slips and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims, and are the leading cause of occupational injury for people aged 55 years and older. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), floors and flooring materials contribute directly to more than 2 million fall injuries each year. We deserve compensation for this too, as most of the time it is not our fault that somebody else’s property had a wet floor and there wasn’t a sign warning us about the state of the floor. If there was a crack on the ground, or the floor was filled with debris, these are hazards that can jeopardize your safety
These the advantages of hiring an accident lawyer in Portland:
- Compensation for damages for pain and suffering: We need adequate compensation for our pain, yet there can be circumstances where the victimizer will try to evade any responsibility from the issue.
- Compensation for past and future medical bills: We all know the potential consequences of falling in the streets. We can become hospitalized and even sustain a heart attack when checking the hospital bill. We should not be paying for something that was not our fault. That is why a highly-skilled attorney can assure us compensation for the money we lost.
- Damages for lost wages: Depending on the severity of our injuries, we are forced to miss days of work and miss out on the pay we need for bills and other necessities. The attorney will totally seek the best way to assure us that we will be compensated for the time that we were not able to work.
- If the injury is permanent and we need to attend to rehab: We also must know that injuries can leave permanent damages like paralysis, or other consequences. We will have to attend to rehab, therapy and yet that is something expensive and we did not plan to do.
- Knowledge of the law: Did you know that drivers who are partially at fault for their accident can still recover compensation for their injuries? Unless you are a car accident attorney, you likely won’t know the various laws related to your case. Your attorney can promptly review your situation and advise you on how to proceed.
- Gathering of witnesses and seeking evidence: The dangerous condition that caused the slip and fall must be identified, and the evidence must be preserved as soon after the incident as is possible. Sadly, evidence in these cases usually is either destroyed or disappeared. This is often because property owners tend to “cover up” any remnants or evidence of the cause of the accident. Witnesses must be contacted and their statements taken.
Now that you have been educated on some of the advantages of hiring an accident attorney in Portland, make sure you make the right choice and hire an accident lawyer as soon as possible. It is time to end injustice in Portland!